Friday, April 24, 2009

When things don't go the way we planned...

So it looks like my so-called "worst fears" are coming true. Not only will I be unemployed next week but I will also have to relocate to my home country. Ok. The tears flew down my face and I felt anger towards the whole "system", but how can I question God's will? We do not know what he wants for us.

A part of Fr. Walter Ciszek's book He Leadeth Me brought me this wisdom:

Each day, every day of out lives, God presents to us the people and opportunities upon which he expects us to act. He expects no more of us, but he will accept nothing less of us; and if we fail in our promise and commitment if we do not see in the situations of every moment of every day is divine will.


That about says it and I have to trust that.

1 comment:

Noblese said...

Hi there, this post and quote caught my eye. I was having several crises the last months (not planned) and at times I didn't know whether it was God's will. Now that I am back on my feet I believe that it was God's will to go through this whole period in order to 'wake up' to other things in life.
Take care